First iPhone 4 review: Features, specs better than predecessor iPhone 3GS
As the iPhone 4 reaches the hands of its much awaiting customers, a day ahead of what was promised by Apple, the internet is full with reviews of this gadget which happens to be the most successful launch from Apple yet. The features of iPhone 4 has earned for themselves a maddening craze among the gadget freaks from all over the world that makes it well placed above its predecessor, the iPhone 3GS.
People have followed the device all through from the day Steve Jobs, Apple CEO announced it to a couple of leaks the device got engaged with and now the device is finally in customer’s hands who eagerly wait to give their valuable judgment.
First and foremost, the most important feature of iPhone 4 for which it has been appreciated is its looks. People have liked its new sleek, thinner industrial look which is definitely better than iPhone 3GS. The device has a sturdier look and runs on a more powerful processor, the A4 processor which is found in iPad. But the speed of the processor has only marginally been increased and as put by Engadget it may be lower than 1GHz.
Next comes its camera which is another feature of the iPhone that has caught people’s attention. The 5 MP camera as against 3.2 MP present in iPhone 3GS comes with an additional LED flash and its 5 x digital zoom that helps in taking crystal clear images. It is found that the camera is quicker and more efficient this time thanks to the iOS4, the latest OS present in the device.
The most talked about video calling feature of the iPhone 4 has also been analyzed for its FaceTime feature but requires a very strong Wi-Fi connection to be able to stay connected. So we can safely say the camera front has been taken care of by Apple in the new iPhone 4 but for a few glitches on the Wi-Fi side.
The iPhone 4 reviews for its noise-canceling microphone and an improved audio chamber were also positive. The phone delivered a clear sound on both the ends. According to David Pogue of The New York Time, “Sound is much better on both the ends, thanks in part to a noise canceling microphone and an improved audio chamber.” He also liked the stainless steel edge band which is now a part of the antenna.
Another important iPhone 4 feature is its battery life which according to many analysts is far beyond expectations. Josh Topolsky of Engadget said, “In fact, we managed to squeeze more than 38 hours –yes 38 hours –of life out of a single charge using the phone as we normally would.” He also commented that the battery did well exceeding their expectation for longetivity during testing.
Overall, the iPhone 4 reviews are overwhelming and the device is a hit and has quite well managed to live up to the hype which was created around it. Except the FaceTime’s Wi-Fi only functionality, the general consensus for the wonder device is positive. Congratulation Steve Jobs!
- Motorola Droid better than the first iPhone in the U.S.
- New iPhone 4G First Look Video, This is How iPhone Multitasking Look Like
- Apple iPhone 4 pre order sold out on first day, shipping starts on July 2nd
- iPhone 4 First look: Finally reaches to customers with impressive features
- iPhone 4 having problem in the first week of delivery by Apple to customers
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else