Farmville on iPhone 4, iPod Touch and iPad with iOS 3.0 or later version
In this era of tower defense games for the iPhone 4 there is clearly no room for any lapses in gaming technology so keeping the growing technology in mind Zynga the popular game maker for the games like Farmville and Mafia wars on Facebook has stepped foot in the iPhone gaming market.
With the launch of- Farmville, a farm management game ( that claims to be having as many as 72 million monthly active users ) for the iPhone. Zynga, based in San Francisco, is a privately held firm and has around 900 employees.
Since, the iOS (formerly iPhone OS) doesn't support Flash, the social game FarmVille has been port specifically for the platform. FarmVille is a virtual farming game with millions of users on Facebook. However there is a catch- note that the iPhone 4, iPod Touch and iPad requires to run iOS 3.0 or later version to support the Farmville.
Now, you can water your plants, plow and harvest them while you’re on the move. This FarmVille app is available as free download from Apple App Store (iTunes link), but, remember that although the app is available for FREE you'll have to pay for purchases made in the game.
Farmville game provides its users with a virtual farm which they have to harvest and make money out of. The farm has options of growing different type of trees and plants that will bear fruits. You will have to buy the ploughing field grass and the seeds that need to be sown to get the trees. The player can continue with the game without buying new seeds after season ends or buy new seeds and sow seeds of the new plants. Zynga's profit model depends on users opting to pay real money for virtual goods a real good deal must say!
Till date, the profit model has been limited to only Facebook users playing through a web browser. Today's release marks the game's biggest expansion since launching last June. With iPhone-specific items available to purchase and special iPhone 4 multitasking and graphical features get you can pretty much bank on a revenue explosion. Now is the time when Zynga and Apple both will make the best of in-app purchases and we will be the ones who will pay by falling in their trap.
- Prince of Persia Retro now on iPhone, iPod, iTouch and iPad for USD 0.99
- Twitter launches iPhone apps, iPod Touch apps, version 3.0 Tweetie for free
- iOS4 release date today, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch users get feature upgrades
- Yupp TV brings Indian TV channels on iPhone, iPod, iPad and iPod Touch
- New star war game for iPhone, iPod touch in real life mode set for release
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else