FaceTime works on jailbroken iPhone 3GS using Cydia with limited functions
The Apple’s own version of video conferencing, FaceTime which works on Wi-Fi connectivity only on iphone 4 is out on iphone 3GS also. The major requirement is Jailbreaking the iphone first, which is not recommended.
The enterprising developers managed to do that but does not seem that impressive since iphone 3GS lacked front facing camera, hence the caller at the other line can only watch your palm wrapped around the rear-facing camera of your older handset.
Jailbreaking is a process which can void Apple's warranty on the device, according to Apple and hence it is not recommended at large. One can only use Face time in iphone 4 previously ,which means while you are using your favorite iphone 3GS you will not able to use the latest video calling feature on that, as the other person might also require the same phone.
However, now FaceTime work over the iphone 3GS, as long as it is jailbroken, even after lacking the front facing camera, so either you need a mirror facing you with your phone's display reflected on it, not a very realistic approach however at least it works.
FaceTime works with limited functionality on iPhone 3GS and only available in latest iphone devices, one needs a front facing camera, but if someone still needs the video conferencing service, one can install Facelt-3GS, an Cydia application.
To enable this feature one needs to jailbreak the phone first and launch Cydia, then one needs to select ‘Manage’ tab at the bottom of the phone and select ‘sources’, after selecting ‘edit’ and selecting ‘add’ now one can enter the url, apps.iphoneislam.com, and select add source, once Cydia has added the source, one could click on ‘Return to Cydia’ button, so after the installation is complete one needs to find FaceIt-3GS in Cydia and install it. Finally rebooting will do the rest.
Facelt-3GS enable FaceTime calling option on iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1. The only added functionality this cydia application appears to give iPhone 3GS owners is the ability to accept FaceTime calls from an iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G, or Mac. It can eventually allow you view someone else’s FaceTime video.
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else