Can Motorola Droid Xoom tablet give Apple iPad a run for its money
Motorola Droid Xoom that recently had its world debut at the CES 2011 in Las Vegas is the talk to the town. Many wonder that whether Droid Xoom will give the mighty Apple iPad, a run for its money and if the Motorola tablet is the ideal contender of the iPad throne?
Well, it is too early to say anything, as we know that the tablet just got unveiled and to prove its mettle against the super powerful iPad, Xoom has miles to cover. But nevertheless the tablet did manage to gather a lot of stir as a strong iPad competitor and that is not a small thing in itself.
What makes Xoom a powerful tablet, so much so, that gadget analysts have started comparing it with the iPad? Remember the tablet got the best gadget award at the Consumer Electronic Show 2011 in Las Vegas. The CES this year was largely a feast of tablets with players such as Toshiba, RIM, Lenovo and Samsung displaying their products, but Xoom won everyone’s applause.
Xoom is the first exclusive product that comes with Google’s tablet specific Android version 3.0 also called the Honeycomb. It is powered by 1GHz dual core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, a 10.1 inch screen with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution and 32GB of onboard storage.
The other specs that make this tablet attractive are its two cameras, one 5 MP camera at the rear for stills and 720p video capture and another 2 MP front-facing camera for video calls. The camera also allows 1080p video playback. The tablet will have Wi-Fi and 3G support when it will be launched but Motorola has also offered a 4G LTE upgrade with it that makes it one of the first 4G-compatible tablets to hit the market.
But as it is seen many product fail to live up to expectations after the CES gets over and same might just happen with Motorola tablet as well. But we believe that the tablet maker has huge plans for the first quarter of this year because according to the orders placed by Motorola for components and parts of the tablet.
The suppliers of such parts believe that Motorola is planning to produce some 7, 00,000 to 8, 00,000 for this quarter which is a huge number, but neither Motorola nor the official carrier of Xoom, Verizon Wireless confirmed any such figures. Anyways, we hope that the tablet does well here and iPad finally gets a true rival.
- Motorola Droid Xoom tablet to launch at CES, features and specifications
- Motorola Droid Xoom price in India, Motorola Droid Bionic tablet price
- Motorola Xoom Droid tablet, Motorola ATRIX smartphone tops CES award list
- Motorola plans to sell 7, 00,000 to 1 mn Droid Xoom tablets in Q1, 2011
- Motorola Android Tablet Price
- Motorola Atrix 2 price in India, Motorola Atrix 2 Features 4.3 inch screen
- Motorola Droid 4 Price in India, Motorola Droid 4 Features 8MP camera, Spec
- Motorola MOTOLUXE Price in India, Motorola MOTOLUXE Features 4 inch screen
- Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Price in India, Features 8MP camera, Specs
- Motorola XT615 Price in India, Motorola XT615 Price and Features Android OS
- Motorola Xoom price in India, Motorola Xoom price and Features Wi-Fi only
- Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9 price
- Motorola 3G Mobile in India: Motorola Backflip features and specifications
- Motorola Milestone XT800 price India Motorola Milestone features 5MP camera
- Motorola Glam price in India, Motorola Glam price and features Dual SIM