Bugatti Veyron 16.4 grand in India, most expensive car at price Rs.16 crore
Indian automobile market is full of surprises. At one end we have a car as low priced as one lac rupees and now at the other end we have the world’s most expensive car gearing to roll on Indian roads. Yes I am talking about the Bugatti Veyron from Volkswagen. The most expensive set of four wheels comes to India with a price tag of whooping Rs. 16 crore, yes swallow that lump in your throat.
Bugatti Veyron is the most expensive and fastest car in the whole world and the same now targets the Indian billionaires. Wondering why such an expensive car comes to India? Well the answer which VW knows and we all must know is that India has the maximum number of billionaires outside the US and probably why we see such an epitome of luxury here amongst us.
Bugatti officials who were present at the launch at the Veyron Grand Sport lifted the hood of the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport 16.4 in Delhi. Also present at the occasion were Bugatti Sales and Marketing Manager, Europe, Middle East and India Guy Caquelin and other officials of the company. Only 150 units of the Grand Sport Veyron will be made worldwide.
Now what makes the car so rare and immensely expensive? This you will come to know only after taking a sneak peak into the features of the powerhouse on 4 wheels called Bugatti. The Veyron engine is a 8000-cc engine that has 16 cylinders, 64 valve configuration, 4 turbo chargers and 12 radiators. The car has a fuel tank with 100 litre capacity that gives it a range of 350-500 km which means that if you drive the Bugatti at 400 kmph the fuel tank with run out of fuel in just 12 minutes and the distance you end up covering will be 80 kilometers.
The Bugatti Veyron engine produces 1001 horsepower and the gigantic machine merely takes 2.5 seconds to hit 100 kmph mark from standstill and just 7 seconds to hit 200 kmph. The top speed of the vehicle is 407 kmph. Not only this, the vehicle takes 55 seconds to go from 0-400 kmph and only 10 seconds to come back to 0, amazing, isn’t it?
The vehicle is made at company’s headquarters Molsheim in France and uses components like titanium, carbon fibre and magnesium. According to Satya Bagla, MD, Exclusive Motors, the delivery of the car will take around 6-8 months from the date of confirmed order in India.
Bugatti becomes the most expensive car to hit the Indian roads and till date we have seen Rolls Royce Phantom and Maybach making an entry into the Indian car market as the most expensive car priced around Rs. 5 crore.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011