Brand new Tata Nano on fire: safety standard concerns for Tata Motors
Tata Nano, which is heralded as the cheapest car in the world ready to revolutionalize the auto market is in the news for quite some now, but for wrong reasons this time. In a string of incidents of brand new Nano car set on fire, the latest is the Mumbai case where a customer named Satish Sawant bought his dream car, a silver Nano just to see it turning into carbon within a few minutes of its purchase.
It seems for Satish Sawant that buying Tata Nano was the worst decision ever taken by him. The car that he bought for Rs. 2.4 was engulfed in a terrible fire from the rear within 45 minutes of the delivery form Concorde Motors. Shocked and shaken Satish and his family however managed to get out of the car without suffering any injury.
But it surely would have been a sad sight seeing the brand new silver car in flames and turning into a carbon residue. Meanwhile Tata Motors, country’s biggest auto maker seems unapologetic and still on its way to find the probable reasons for the fire.
Tata Motors spokesperson Debasis Ray denies that the latest case was related to earlier three cases of Nano catching fire that happened last year. He believes that the incident is one of its kinds and has nothing to do with any fault in the design or manufacture of the car. Tata Motors, however, had earlier shifted the blame to the dealer selling the Nano to Satish, Concorde Motors by saying that the car was a pre production model and was not meant for sale. This time they say that the incident is “one-off stray incident.”
Among all this confusion and blame game by Tata, the victim Satish Sawant and his family do not seem to take any of Tata’s explanations and want a thorough enquiry into the matter. Meanwhile many auto analysts are of the view that the repeated incidents of Nano on fire may tarnish the image of the car as well as the company. The quality control and safety standards should be comprehensively addressed by the manufacturer if the company wants to chase its dreams of entering the European market in 2011 and later in America.
- Tata Indica Vista price for petrol model,Tata Indica Vista price for diesel
- Tata Dolphin Price, Tata Dolphin Launch, Tata Motors upcoming car 2011
- Tata Nano diesel launch in September, Tata Nano diesel booking to open soon
- New Tata Safari coming soon with new engine, interiors, exterior features
- Tata Dolphin cars for launch in 2011, Tata Dolphin features, Specification
- Manza Elan with a facelift of Tata Indigo Manza for launch in 2011
- Tata Nano to come with diesel variant and better features this August
- Jaguar Land Rover wins 80 awards in 2010- Discovery 4 and Jaguar XJ at top
- Tata new car Price
- Tata electric car Indica Vista EV, features, launch and Indica Vista price