Blackberry telemedicine service to bring ECG report at Doctors fingertips
Medicine and Mobile technology come together in the BlackBerry phones now. In what can be termed as a breakthrough in mobile technology. ECG reports can be accessed on the BlackBerry. This is made possible by the implementation on eUNO R 10 technology. Strengthening this feat is Vodafone’s network.
This development is seen as a strengthening factor in the telemedicine field for which networking and access are the lifelines.
Blackberry and Vodafone’s collaborated effort was unveiled at Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital. The access of ECG reports over Blackberry has paved new pathways in Telemedicine. Now doctors need not rush to the ECG monitors to check the reports but can access the same in the Blackberry.
Not only would this telemedicine service act as a time saver but also a life saver. Knowing the symptoms of heart attack and seeking immediate medical attention is essential to prevent death, while appropriate treatment instituted within the first hour the golden hour can limit the damage to the heart." said Dr. Pavan Kumar, Head of Telemedicine Department, Nanavati Hospital outlining the importance of this facility.
It is however worth noting that this is not the first attempt towards access of ECG reports over the mobile network. The earlier facilities developed by Research-In-Motion on similar lines did not prove to be accurate enough to ensure faster treatment. The eUNO R 10 technology however has been developed keeping factors such as ease of operation, cost effectiveness, reliability and data transmission in mind.
The product scores over its earlier version by bringing detailed accurate ECG diagram at the doctor’s fingertips even from a distance. This technology coupled with Blackberry’s push to email function and Vodafone’s remarkable network capabilities has hit the right notes. With eUNO R10, the patient can have faster access to the doctor’s services and can expect a faster response as well.
Blackberry and Vodafone are keen to extend this facility to other hospitals across India as well. The facility comes with a tie up with Maestros Mediline Systems (Maestros), a medical equipment manufacturer. This would enable effective distribution of the service on a larger scale.” We hope this tie-up with Maestro would be the next game-changer in the healthcare sector over the next few years." MD of RIM, Frenny Bawa said at the launch.
- BlackBerry Storm 2 price in India, BlackBerry Storm 2 price and features
- Blackberry Bold 9790 Price in India Blackberry Bold 9790 Feature 5MP camera
- BlackBerry Curve 9220 Price in India, BlackBerry Curve 9220 Features, Specs
- BlackBerry Curve 9320 Price in India, BlackBerry Curve 9320 Features, Specs
- Blackberry Curve 9380 Price in India, Blackberry Curve 9380 Features TFT
- Blackberry Curve 9350 Price in India, Blackberry Curve 9350 Features OS 7
- Blackberry Curve 9360 Review, Blackberry Curve 9360 Features Review
- BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 price in India, BlackBerry Bold Touch features
- Blackberry Playbook price in India for 32GB, BlackBerry Playbook price
- Blackberry Playbook price in India for 64GB model, Playbook Tab price
- Blackberry Playbook price in India for 16GB model, Playbook price
- HTC Flyer Vs Blackberry Playbook: which has better Price and Features
- BlackBerry Playbook price in India, BlackBerry Playbook in 3 memory options
- BlackBerry Playbook price in India, Playbook tablet launch in market
- Blackberry bold 9780 price in India Blackberry bold 9780 price and features