BlackBerry given up to Other smarthphone alternatives by financial corps
BlackBerry is struggling to escape from the black cloud that installed over the corporations which intend to replace the smartphone with other devices, preferably with Windows Phone 7. Last week, the tune was called in by Dell, and today another two giants announced that they will quit BlackBerry: Bank of America and Citigroup.
If at the beginning, Dell’s move was considered to be part of a marketing plan in order to disturb and intimidate the RIM’s stability and confidence in BlackBerry, now it seems that the enterprises will shake the market share of Research in Motion Inc.
Looking at the figures, the fact that Bank of America and Citigroup count more than half a million employees around the world it is a major inconvenience, knowing that the head quarters of the financial institutions have influence on deciding the brand of the technologies they use. If in the Dell case the decisional positions of the company decided to replace the smart devices that were privately owned by the employees with Windows Phone 7 – to be acquired by the company, in the latter case the influence of the decision has major outcomes.
The reason for which Citigroup and Bank of America decided to replace Blackberrys is the security issue in overburden parameters. Now, both companies are testing the Apple’s iPhone and it seems that there is no good news for RIM. The shift could be a warning sign for BlackBerry which was used for so many years successfully. Moreover, the security capabilities of the system were an ordeal for certain regions such as UAE, China or India, where the level of scrutiny from the governments and regulation authorities is at high levels.
If RIM was the spearhead in terms of security for many consecutive years, in the recent past it seems that RIM hasn’t invested much in updates of the safety appliance of BlackBerrys. In the meanwhile, Apple and Google responded to this concern in the view of the public, carrying on to the public the perception that RIM remains behind. Following the trend, many companies allow employees to access the corporate email from other smart devices than BlackBerry. A research conducted in this area found that 83% of the companies are now more flexible.
Official statistics indicate that Research in Motion Inc’s shares dropped with 4.2% in the third quarter of the year, in comparison to the same period of 2009. BlackBerry has to face the increasing number of companies that decided to look after smartphone alternative rather than BlackBerry. For example, JPMorgan, Chase & Co and UBS were the first to say in September that they are considering other platforms for mobile.
RIM’s position towards the increasing lack of interest for BlackBerry smartphones is not conducting to awareness. RIM’s assignees say that the company has solutions and strategies for both end-use customers and corporations and that they are not considering the safety allegations to be the last discourse of BlackBerry on the smart phone’s stage.
- BlackBerry Storm 2 price in India, BlackBerry Storm 2 price and features
- Blackberry Bold 9790 Price in India Blackberry Bold 9790 Feature 5MP camera
- BlackBerry Curve 9220 Price in India, BlackBerry Curve 9220 Features, Specs
- BlackBerry Curve 9320 Price in India, BlackBerry Curve 9320 Features, Specs
- Blackberry Curve 9380 Price in India, Blackberry Curve 9380 Features TFT
- Blackberry Curve 9350 Price in India, Blackberry Curve 9350 Features OS 7
- Blackberry Curve 9360 Review, Blackberry Curve 9360 Features Review
- BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 price in India, BlackBerry Bold Touch features
- Blackberry Playbook price in India for 32GB, BlackBerry Playbook price
- Blackberry Playbook price in India for 64GB model, Playbook Tab price
- Blackberry Playbook price in India for 16GB model, Playbook price
- HTC Flyer Vs Blackberry Playbook: which has better Price and Features
- BlackBerry Playbook price in India, BlackBerry Playbook in 3 memory options
- BlackBerry Playbook price in India, Playbook tablet launch in market
- Blackberry bold 9780 price in India Blackberry bold 9780 price and features