BMW X1 launch, SUV features, price and competitors
BMW launched its latest SUV in India, the new BMW X1. This sports utility vehicle from the German automobile maker is the third SUV model in the country after X3 and X5. BMW X1 will be available in both petrol and diesel variants.
BMW X1 petrol price in India is Rs. 22lac (ex-showroom price pan-India) while BMW X1 diesel will be available in two options. The price of BMWX1 diesel will be Rs. 23.9 lac and Rs. 29.9 lac respectively for both the versions (ex-showroom price all-India.)
BMW X1 petrol features a petrol engine that delivers a power of 150 bhp with a torque of 200 Nm @3600 rpm. The petrol version reaches to 100 kmph in just 10.4 seconds. On the other hand BMW X1 diesel model has an engine that delivers a power of 177 bhp and maximum torque of 200 Nm @3600 rpm. The diesel train reaches 100 kmph in just 8.3 seconds. Both petrol and diesel models of BMW X1 come with 6-speed automatic gearbox.
The Indian automobile market has very recently seen the launch of some top end SUVs such as Toyota Fortuner, Tata Aria, Skoda Yeti, Nissan X-Trail, Mitsubishi Outlander, Audi Q7 and Hyundai Santa Fe which means that BMW X1 is will be seeing some tough rivalry in the segment.
But the German automobile giant has very bullish plans for the X1 in the country and said that it already has secured 1,000 orders for the vehicle which shows a great start for it in Indian market. As it is Indian SUV segment is still in its early stages of growth and has great potential for big players such as BMW and based on this understanding the company looks very optimistic for the future of X1 here.
In order to meet a surge in demand for X1, BMW has announced its plans to raise the capacity in its facility situated in south India. The launch of BMW X1 is company’s second expansion in last three months.
Tags, BMW X1 features, price of BMW X1, BMW X1 petrol price, BMW X1 diesel price, launch of BMW X1, rivals of BMW X1
- BMW X1 is again popular and the most liked car in India
- BMW 5 series price, Features, BMW 5 Specifications, launch BMW M Coup
- BMW 5 Series Sedan, 6th Generation car set for launch in India soon
- BMW Mega City Vehicle: Futuristic small electric car coming in 2013
- Honda Brio, new Honda hatchback, launch, price and feature glance
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011