BMW Mega City Vehicle: Futuristic small electric car coming in 2013
British Motor Works (BMW) plans to offer an electric city car, the new Mega City Vehicle or MCV in 2013. A preliminary sketch of the futuristic vehicle has been released by the auto giant that aims to devise this new concept of vehicle to reduce automotive footprint in the world’s most congested metropolitan cities called the Megacities.
This MCV or an urban electric car is designed for those who are on a lookout for a zero-emission car and are not ready to sacrifice on the style and safety quotients.
It was tough for BMW to design a car which is both sustainable and premium, given the fact that BMW is highly emotional with the usage of material and attention to details. The car has to be a winner in the areas of material, design, technology and safety, not to forget the BMW character to create premium products. For the purpose BMW has put together a team of 15 exterior and interior designers led by French designer Benoit Jacob. Jacob was earlier associated with Dacia Logan then he left Renault for BMW.
The MCV is designed as a commuter car keeping in mind the kind of people who drive it and yes, predominantly the Megacity concept. From the looks of it, the vehicle boasts of a sporty look as against most electronics. BMW did away with the pod like shape that is found in most of the electric cars and has given it a shorter front and a dynamic sweep of the roof and the beltline.
Though nothing about the front fascia of the MCV could be revealed from the sketch but it definitely suggests that the vehicle will possess LEDs right from headlamp to the mirrors. BMW also did not clarify whether the front of MCV would wear the BMW signature kidney grille. While informing about the speed of the car, Hooydonk said, “Electric cars are not slow, though one should not expect blistering M3 –style performance.” The car definitely celebrates the joy of driving. He said, “It will celebrate good life over the fast life.” And this answers all our queries about the futuristic electric car concepts.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011