Apple iPhone OS4 multitasking features explained in detail with review
Apple is bringing in multi-tasking feature incorporated in iPhone OS4 for its customers this summer. iPhone OS 4 is turning out to be the most talked about thing in recent past thanks to the 100+ features it promises to bring. The OS4’s beta release comes with a Software development kit containing 1,500 new Application Programming Interfaces. All this and much more are bound to hit the stores shortly.
Talking about multitasking in Apple’s iPhone OS4, here how it goes. Thanks to the multitasking feature, users now have an easier and quicker access to switch between applications. If you are already using an application in the iPhone you would have dock-like bar available to view four other applications at the bottom of the screen. This can be done by clicking the Home key and a tap on any of the applications would get the application going. The application running previously would be saved in the background.
Apple has ensured that the Multitasking feature in iPhone OS4 does not eat up the iphone’s performance and battery life. In order to ensure this, Apple has allowed only a few selected processes to run in the background. These are audio as in Pandora, VOIP such as Skype, location based apps like Loopt etc.The would mean that you can Apple has clarified that multitasking won’t be available for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen. It would be available on the iPhone 3GS and the third-generation iPod Touch though.
The Multitasking feature that Apple beings in its iPhone OS4 is basically targeted towards the third party applications. Some of these do not quit completely when the home button is clicked. So now you can make a VOIP call at ease while playing a game or even checking email. Or you could be shopping online and listening to music playing in the background. Sounds great! Citing examples of multitasking Apple said, “Apps like Pandora can play music in the background, and VoIP, so VoIP apps can receive a VoIP call even when the iPhone is asleep or the user is running other apps”.
Multitasking has been something that has long been a demand from the iPhone users and Apple has taken care to give it to them in iPhone OS4!
- Apple iPhone 4 OS with 7 new features review: Multitasking and Folders
- Apple iPhone 4.0 OS with 7 new features: what it means to iPad and HP Slate
- Apple iPhone 4 OS multitasking feature review along with seven features
- Apple iPhone 4 OS with 7 new features review and latest information
- Apple iPhone 4.0 OS features: a brief wrap up on 7 New Features
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else