Apple iPhone 4 OS with 7 new features review: Multitasking and Folders
The much-awaited Apple iPhone is available now studded with quite a few features worth checking out. It has come up with a strong multitasking facility which was absent in the older version. Other cool features of iPhone 4 OS include iBooks, IAd, enhanced mails and game center.
As far as compatibility is concerned, iPhone 0S 4 will work with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, ipod touch and ipads. However, the multitasking facilty is provided only with with iPhone 3GS and the third-generation iPod touch.
Let us have a close look at 2 of iPhone 4 OS`s key features.
Apple iPhone 4 OS new feature: MULTITASKING
- With iPhone OS 4`s multitasking, you can open as many as seven applications without being bothered about the speed. The introduction of multitasking is one of the remarkable changes in the new iPhone OS 4. So, the applications like SMS, email, iPod, voice recorder, Nike+, can continue in the background while the user launches another app. However, third party titles obtained from the App Store like iDisk cannot be launched at the same time.
- To get multitasking working in iPhone OS 4 you simply tap the home button twice where a screen is displayed showing you the current running applications. The screen is basically a dock view where you can scroll through to find the app you are looking for. Moreover, Apple claims that multitasking will not have adverse effect on battery and speed.
- I really wonder why this feature was not used in earlier OS. The only reason could be the slowness of earlier version CPU`s which had a very limited RAM space of only 128 megabytes.
Apple iPhone 4 OS new feature: FOLDERS
- With Over 3.5 million iPad applications downloaded already, the apps are surely drawing you crazy. It is but obvious that managing these many apps is not an easy job. Well, Apple already has a solution to this. It has introduced a Folder Categorization feature coupled with Drag and Drop UI.
- To do this, you need to create folders and drag the similar-functional apps icons into the particular folder. Later on you can browse through the category for the required app. While in the previous OS versions, it was difficult to manage around 200 apps, now you can easily handle up to 2000 apps.
- Apple iPhone 4 OS multitasking feature review along with seven features
- Apple iPhone 4 OS with 7 new features review and latest information
- Apple iPhone 4 OS new feature of Multitasking not to affect battery life
- Apple iPhone 4 OS and Opera Mini: the latest duo at Apple store
- Apple iPhone 4 at WWDC- Price, Features and Specifications Review !!!
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else