Apple iPhone 4.0 OS new features: would not run on Original iPhone 4 OS
Apple had recently previewed its latest iPhone 4.0 OS in California, at its Cupertino headquarters. Apple CEO Steve Jobs revealed the latest and more advanced features of this operating system at a press release. But this Monday, he confirmed that the original iPhone would not be able to run this latest OS 4.0. Job answered to an email sent by a customer asking him whether iPhone 4.0 OS would support the original iPhone and the answer was “Sorry no.”
It is clear now that many important features like the much talked about multitasking are not meant for the original iPhones 4G. In the press release Jobs offered some 100 features with its latest OS and among them 7 were the so called ‘tentpole’ features and multi taking was one of it. The feature allows the users to run several applications at the same time.
The iPhone 4G feature is offered with a simple task switcher, you just need to double click the home button and a list of running apps appears before you. This feature would now mean that you can finish important task while you are using one and other tasks are taken care off in the background.
This iPhone feature works very swiftly and the user would be able to switch between applications very fast. While doing so, the application on the foreground will not suffer any slowdown. The company offers seven types of multi tasking features: Back ground audio for apps like Pandora and may be Spotify. Second is a VoIP service for apps like Skype which enables users to receive calls even when they are inactive.
Third in the list is the background location feature that allows the locations apps to know the whereabouts of its user and is run by apps like Tom Tom which enables you to look at other apps. And will this while he GPS easily tracks you down.
The fourth multitasking feature in iPhone 4 OS is Push notification which is now more elaborate in the background and through it the iPhone now also supports local notifications as its fifth multitasking feature. The sixth multi tasking feature is a fast apps switching feature that makes all the running apps instantly available.
You would be able to start it again at the click of an icon without requiring starting them up each time. Last but not the least is the task completion feature that enables the user to finish any task before he switches to another apps.
There are however six more features offered by Steve Jobs among the list of 100 features like the iAds, unified email, iBooks, Game Centre, enterprise feature and home screen folders.
- Apple iPhone 4.0 OS with 7 new features: what it means to iPad and HP Slate
- Apple iPhone 4.0 OS features: a brief wrap up on 7 New Features
- Apple iPhone 3GS launch in India in collaboration with Airtel
- Apple iPhone 3GS in India on Airtel network
- Apple iPhone 3GS without AT&T contract at full price retail stores and site
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else