Apple iPhone 3GS launch in India in collaboration with Airtel
Apple has finally decided to launch the much awaited iPhone 3GS in India very soon. Apple has reached a tie- up with Bharati Airtel, India’s largest cellular service provider. The Apple iPhone will available to its Indian customers at Airtel Authorized Stores. According to the official website there is no exchange offer available. This means that the existing iPhone customers would not be able to exchange their iPhones for the latest 3GS version.
The 16GB version of Apple iPhone 3GS is priced approximately at Rs. 33,000 and the 32GB version will be priced around Rs. 42,000 in India. Nothing officially has been however announced by Apple about the price structure of the iPhone 3GS in India.
Apple iPhone 3GS is the most powerful and fastest iPhone that comes with an array of features like longer battery life, high-quality 3 MP auto focus camera, hands free voice control and video recording facilities. Not to forget the new improved speed and performance that is double the speed of iPhone 3G.
The final date for the launch of Apple iPhone 3GS in India has not been announced as for now but there are high speculation that the decision can come really soon. Currently there are no commercial 3G services available in India but the Indian government is all set for the auction of high speed 3G to cellular service providers in the country.
Apple iPhone 3GS will only be available to its Indian users via a service contract with the cellular service provider. Since Bharati Airtel has entered into a tie-up with Apple, the iPhone 3GS will be locked to Airtel and will work with an activated Airtel SIM card (as disclosed at the Airtel website). The iPhone will be available in Black & White colors. It will be available in 16 GB and 32 GB capacity.
Other cellular service providers like Reliance Communications, Vodafone Essar and Aircel are keen to tie-up with Apple to sell iPhone 3GS to their customers in India. Only state owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam and MTNL offer the 3G services as they get the services on preferential basis. The result of the auction and winner’s announcement will take around 2 months.
- Apple iPhone 3GS in India on Airtel network
- Apple iPhone 3GS without AT&T contract at full price retail stores and site
- Apple iPhone 4 set for launch in India this September
- Apple iPhone 4- the feature-rich phone launched at WWDC by Steve Jobs
- Apple iPhone 4.0 OS with 7 new features: what it means to iPad and HP Slate
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else