Apple iPhone 3GS in India on Airtel network
Apple iPhone 3GS will very soon will make its debut in Indian market. The much awaited iPhone 3GS has entered into a contract with the countries one of the biggest cellular service providers Bharati Airtel and the phone will be sold via Airtel Authorized stores in India.
The telecom major Bharati Airtel, however offers no exchange offers to its existing iPhone customers. Apple iPhone 3GS is locked to Airtel and will work only with Activated Airtel SIM card.
The existing Airtel customers can simply walk in any of the Airtel Stores to buy iPhone 3GS but ensure that they carry their existing Airtel SIM card. The iPhone will be available to its Indian user through a service contract with Bharati Airtel. The iPhone is currently available in 16 GB and 32 GB versions. In India the phone will be available in Black and white colors.
There has been much hype around the iPhone 3GS due to its large number of features and specifications. It boasts of a high speed and improved performance which is double to that of iPhone 3G. Among other features are its 3 MP auto focus camera, longer battery life, video recording and hands free voice control feature.
The Apple iPhone 16GB version will be priced approximately at Rs. 33,000 in India and the price tag of its 32 GB version is anticipated to be priced approximately at Rs. 42,000 in India.
Bharati Airtel is India’s largest service provider with 124 million customers has announced it will carry iPhone 3GS in India. They have been selling iPhone 3G in the country. In India the 3G spectrum is not available currently but Airtel has participated in the auction of 3G spectrum and BWA (broadband wireless access) and the winner of the bid will be allowed by the government to offer 3G services from September, 2010.
This bid is eagerly awaited by Bharati Airtel as it will create a new revenue source for the operator and will also ease the voice congestion on network. This will be seen as good news for iPhone because the Airtel now has entered into a tie- up with Apple for iPhone distribution in the country. There are many other strong contenders like Reliance Telecommunications, Aircel and Vodafone in the bidding race.
- Apple iPhone 3GS launch in India in collaboration with Airtel
- Apple iPhone 3GS without AT&T contract at full price retail stores and site
- Apple iPhone 4 set for launch in India this September
- Apple iPhone 4.0 OS with 7 new features: what it means to iPad and HP Slate
- Apple iPhone OS4 multitasking features explained in detail with review
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else