Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else
How less-confusing will it be if you get a mobile phone that just does a job it is meant for- making calls? Dutch advertising agency John Doe has created a phone that unlike other modern day phones like iPhoen can just make calls and there is nothing called as multi function features attached to this device.
The Ant-iPhone handset neither has apps nor has MP3 player, it can not even text messages nor is connected to your favorite social network. This device, also called the ‘Anti-iPhone’ is designed to meet the needs of buyers who get too confused with a plethora of functions their phones can do.
When we get abundance of choices we tend to get confused and in such times we want something simple and easy. Based on this phenomena John Doe created the ‘Anti-iPhone’ to offer a mobile handset to youngsters who are buying their first phone and are left confused by modern technology. This phone measures 10.5 cm in length and actually offers a pen and paper notepad tucked behind its flap to note down contacts. The only so-called modern feature that it has is its ability to assign ten speed dial numbers.
Designer Diedriekje Bok said that it is also a useful phone while traveling, exercising or weekend sailing. The phone is seen as an antidote to modern high tech mobile devices such as iPhone hence got its name. Hailed as the world’s simplest mobile phone, the phone has no frills and no unnecessary features such as camera, endless number of ringtones and text messaging.
The device is priced at 67 pounds and comes in brightly colored façade and big buttons that resembles a toy. John’s phone is all about simplicity which according to its designers is its biggest USP. It is a basic backlash targeted at young mobile users who are getting a mobile phone for the first time.
“You always reach your close family and friends, so john’s phone is for when the rest of the world does not matter," says designer Bok. But it remains to be seen whether the phone catches the eye of modern mobile users who want everything out of their tiny gadget, whether it is gaming, surfing, apps, calculating, computing, multimedia, camera and many more things. Simplicity and style are definitely native to this phone but will it go beyond first time young mobile users or old people?
- iPhone OS 4.0: New and hidden features of iPhone OS 4.0 that you never knew
- Apple iPhone A Review of features that make it the best smartphone ever
- Apple up for some great changes in the iPhone OS 4.0 that powers iPad
- iPhone 4.0 OS: Features, Specs and Review from Experts over this new Gadget
- Apple launched updated iPhone 4.0 OS: kitty includes more than 100 features
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- iPhone app that measures happiness proves wandering mind is unhappy mind