Aircel launches Facebook updates on SMS service for just 50 paise
Aircel has launched social networking on Facebook through SMS services. The Aircel users will be 50 paise per SMS. In the newly launched service, Aircel customers can send and receive updates for Facebook account through SMS on 51555. This is the first kind of mobile services in social networking on mobile. The mobile operator has been aggressively promoting social networking with Inq mobiles (top mobile in social networking technology) and brand ambassador MS Dhoni.
Aircel Facebook updates on SMS service is available for both prepaid and postpaid customers of Aircel. Users can simple open Registration tab in their mobile and send request for registration. After that they will receive an confirmation code, which after putting into their registration link will register them for Facebook updates on SMS service.
With the launch of Facebook updates on SMS service, users dont need to login into Facebook site. This will save time and will also make social networking convenient. Aircel customers can also post comment, update their profiles etc. Also it will make social networking accessible for users who don't have internet activated on their mobile i.e. even with very basic mobile users can start social networking with this new initiative of Aircel.
Process to register and start using Aircel Facebook update on SMS service:
- Sign in on Facebook and access your 'Account Settings'
- Under the 'Mobile' tab, select 'Register for Facebook Text Messages'
- Select 'Aircel India' as your mobile provider and send 'f' to 51555 via SMS to confirm your number (SMS charges at 50 paisa)
- Enter the confirmation code received via SMS, and You're done!
- Aircel launches Social gaming in partnership with ibibo and Facebook
- Aircel launches Pocket Internet cards services in Rajasthan
- Aircel brings Facebook updates on SMS service for prepaid, postpaid users
- Aircel brings social networking on Facebook via SMS service
- Aircel users can connect to Facebook without internet connection
- MTS tariff plans reduced, latest MTS broadband Tariffs in Delhi, Mumbai
- Top Free Antiviruses in India for Desktop, Laptop, Best Free antivirus
- BSNL get introduces promotional plans for international services
- BSNL re-launches SMS pack-53 now with 60 days validity
- Smartphone sales boosted 3G subscription base in China during 2010-11
- Spectranet to build Wi-Fi network in 40 cities in India by year end
- Reliance 3G introduced in 15 locations in West Bengal
- Airtel 3G services launched in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand
- Red FM and Aircel launched interactive campaign Kaamchori
- Tata Tele to use Virgin brand for a royalty fee after JV stake buyout